Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Take a Piece of My Heart ~By: Diane Duffy



I was given this book for an honest review.  I’d never had the pleasure of reading a Diane Duffy novel and I’m sad that it took me this long to read something from this author.  First off, the book is written in first person pov and, we all know, that that pov is hard to execute.  Well, Ms. Duffy executed it wonderfully. 

The book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster of abuse and hitting rock bottom before you see the heroin slowly make a life for herself after years of abuse.  You’ll love Mitch, then you’ll hate him, then you’ll love him some more.

As well, there’s a twist thrown into the mix of things and you’ll be introduced to DJ.  Never, not once, did I have anything but love for this man (character). 

Diane Duffy will have you laugh until you darn near pee yourself then crying big sobbing tears.  If you haven’t already, you should definitely pick up a copy of Take a Piece of My Heart today. 

Check out her social media pages:

Diane Duffy's Web Page
Diane Duffy's Facebook Page


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Leanne for reading and reviewing my book. Loved the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for gifting me a copy so I could enjoy it. I loved reading it and that review is definitely an honest one. You are now one of my favorite authors. :-)

      Delete